Have you ever received the Unreal Engine 4 Crash report with the error code 'Pak Chunk signature check failed!'?
Below, you'll be able to find some potential solutions for resolving this issue!
Solution 1: Verifying your game files
Firstly, you will need to verify your game files on Steam and make sure they are fully up to date!
To do this:
- Right-click on the game in your Steam Library
- Choose Properties
- Select the Local Files tab
- Press Verify integrity of game files...
Then attempt to run the game to see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Deleting the Paks folder
If that hasn't worked to solve your Pak Chunk error, then please navigate to the following directory:
Steam\steamapps\common\Hell Let Loose\HLL\Content and delete the Paks folder.
Then attempt to verify your files again following the steps provided above.
Solution 3: Change your sound settings
Another solution for 'pak chunk errors' you can try is to change the following sound setting:
- Right-click the volume icon in the bottom-right corner of your desktop
- Select Sounds
- Go to the Recordings tab
- Double-click on the default input device
- Go to the Advanced Settings tab and uncheck Exclusivity Mode
- Apply the changes and retest the game
If that doesn't work as well, then we would recommend running a memory test check.
You can find out more about how to do this by clicking right here, though it would be best if you could use MemTest86.
- It is important to make sure that you're not using any overclocking software - if you have this kind of software installed, then please disable it and retest the game.
- If the problem continues when the software is closed or not installed, please go into the game settings and change the video option from windowed to full-screen.