If you are playing on your Nintendo Switch often, the data stored in the cache has the potential to keep growing and this will fill up your Switch's already limited storage. So instead of deleting your saved data or entire games to save space, you could simply clear your cache.
Clearing your cache will delete any potentially unnecessary stored information and data from the device. Clearing your Nintendo Switch's cache will remove any saved ID's, passwords, cookies, history, or other website data on your console.
How do I clear my Nintendo Switch Cache?
- Open System Settings on the HOME Menu
- Select System from the options on the left
- Scroll down and select Formatting Options
- Then select Clear Cache on the right-hand side
- You will then receive a confirmation screen asking if you definitely want to do this step, select Reset