If you are finding you cannot navigate the game options because of strange white boxes appearing in your game, this is a quick fix that may help solve the issue.
If you find your game is looking a bit like this, please run the game as an administrator and in compatibility mode:
- Launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
- Select the Local files tab and click the Browse local files… button
- Right-click on the w2.exe file
- Choose Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab
- Select Compatibility Mode and in the dropdown list please select Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8.1
- Check the box for Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
Please Note: in Windows 10 Version 1703 and later versions of Windows, the text of the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' option is changed to 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour, scaling performed by: Application'
- Check the box for Run this program as an administrator
Your tab should look like this:
- Select Apply and OK
- Attempt to run the game!