If you are having problems with your controllers responding correctly in Steam run games, it could be that you haven't set up your Steam client to support your controllers.
Before doing this, please make sure:
- No other Bluetooth devices are connected
- No other controllers are connected (USB or bluetooth)
How do I set up Steam support for my controller?
- Unplug any controllers you have plugged in
- Launch the Steam client and click the icon at the top right to enter Big Picture Mode
- Go to Settings
- Then select Controller Settings
- Make sure that the support for the controllers that you're using is all On
- Then simply plug in your controller and retest the game!