Why would I need to verify my game files?
If you're having issues with one of your games on Steam, whether it's glitching, lagging or crashing, it may be caused by corrupted or missing game files.
When verifying your game files, your Steam client establishes if this is the case and replaces any that are missing.
How do I verify my game files?
To check your game installation and make sure that there are no corrupted or missing files causing the problem:
- Open your Game Library on Steam
- Right-click on your game
- Select Properties from the menu
- In the Properties menu, select Local Files
- On the Local Files page, select Verify integrity of game files
- Steam will then verify your files
- You can then attempt to run the game again!
If you have any problems whilst completing these steps, please feel free to reach out over here - if you are still having issues with any glitching, lagging or crashing after verifying your files please pop us over a DxDiag with your email.